Qatar India 2019 Photography Exchange
This is an open call to all professional Indian
photographers, living in Qatar to submit their portfolios
on the theme: LIFE IN QATAR
The exhibition aims to open out the dimensions
of the personal/public lives in Qatar, through portraits,
architecture and landscape.
18 years and above Qatar
Submission Type: Deadline for Applicants:
Online submissions 15 September 2019
Exhibition Scheduled Estimate:
November - December 2019
To register for this exchange programme you need
to submit the following:
- Resume / CV
- National Identification Copy
- Submit a one page written essay/artist statement
- You must upload a maximum of 10 images and submit them to enter this exchange programme.
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photos (Please do not frame your images with borders).
- Please rename files before uploading so they do not contain any Apostrophes or Special Characters.
- Applicants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- Photos must be saved at 72 DPI before being uploaded.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- Once you completed uploading the above documents, you will be officially entered into the exchange programme and you will receive a confirmation email.
- The two finalists will be expected to submit an existing body of at least 30 photographic works relevant to the above mentioned theme, ready to print in a Museum Size (minimum 16 x 24 inches), by End of September 2019.
- All Applicants including the two finalists will be notified via email after the preliminary selection process by Mid-September.
- Qatar Museums will bear the cost of printing and framing the photographs for both exhibitions.
- The prints will be exhibition copies only, and will be destroyed at the end of the shows.
The applicants must submit the following documents,
no later than 15 September 2019:
- Letter of intent (maximum 500 words): please describe your photographic practice as well as the body of photographic work you are submitting or/and you are intending to create for this exhibition.
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 5 pages): please mention your professional training (education, mentors, workshops, etc.); main solo and group exhibitions; any other professional activities relevant to your photography practice.
- Portfolio: please select 10 digital photographic images and/or 3 videos representing your current work (maximum of 1MB per image, 10 minutes by video).
- The photographic images should be presented as a portfolio or a body of work in an easily accessible digital
- format (a PDF). The pdf should show the images in a sequenced and structured presentation with a 2 lines text description per image.
- Additional material (optional, maximum 10 pages): you may submit press reviews and/or publications and / or any other relevant material, all combined in a single PDF format.