National Museum of Qatar
The QM is seeking to identify and appoint suitable food and beverage operators for the management of National Museum of Qatar F&B outlets.
The National Museum of Qatar
The National Museum of Qatar is designed by world-renowned architect Jean Nouvel in line with the vision of the Chairperson of Qatar Museums Authority (QMA), HE Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Built around the grounds of the original National Museum opened in 1975, its new interlocking disc design is inspired by the desert rose. Inside its vast museum grounds are two retail outlets, a restaurant, a gourmet Shop/café, a café and outdoor food kiosks. Nearing completion, the Qatar National Museum is expected to open its doors to the public in 2017.
The National Museum of Qatar will provide high-end catering facilities operated through multiple outlets including a main café, a gourmet shop and two food kiosks located in the The National Museum of Qatar’s park. The interior designs of the café and gourmet shop are the work of Koichi Takada Architects of Sydney, Australia. At the time of writing it is anticipated that the capital project to design and fit-out the café and gourmet shop will be complete and ready for handover at the end of Q1 2017.
tel +974 44224290
The F&B operators at the National Museum of Qatar will need to meet the following expectations:
- Deliver high standards of service
- Provide an excellent quality and innovative food offering
- Demonstrate professional dealings with QM
Bidding operators must provide comprehensive concept and business proposals, including the following elements:
- Description of business plan
- Food/ service concept presentation
- Operator background and credentials including CR, company ID, sponsor ID,
Bidding operators will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Minimum experience of 5 years in running high end restaurants and cafés
- Demonstrable history of operational success
- Competitiveness of business model
- Strength of concept (including food/menu concept, creativity, etc.)
- Marketing plan and promotional strategies
- Signature chef required with a minimum of one Michelin Star rating (for the
restaurant outlet only)
- Proposals & Concepts Submission Deadline: 31 August 2016