All museums and heritages sites are now open
We are delighted to welcome you back to our museums, libraries, restaurants, and outdoors spaces, with precautionary measures in place.
Following the Cabinet decision on Phase 1 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in the country, QM will implement the following measures, effective 28 May 2021:
- Museums, libraries, and restaurants will reopen at 30% capacity. Please note that tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit. You may purchase tickets here.
- Markets will operate at 30% capacity, including Fridays and Saturdays, with no entry permitted for children under 12 years of age.
- Parks and playgrounds will reopen at 30% capacity for exterior areas, and at 20% within the interior areas only for individuals who have received the COVID-19 vaccination.
Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) Closed for Renovation
The Museum of Islamic Art has embarked upon an exciting renovation project and its galleries and other spaces, including IDAM restaurant and the MIA Café, are currently closed. The Education Centre and MIA Library remain open and accessible to the public and will house education events and other programmes.
In accordance with the measures listed above, Jiwan restaurant, located at the National Museum of Qatar, is open with limited capacity for lunch, dinner and afternoon tea.
Monday to Thursday and Saturday: 12:30 to 20:00 (last order)
Friday: 13:30 to 20:00 (last order)
Advance reservations required
+974 4452 5725
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
Museum tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
All admission tickets are valid for single entry on the date of admission only. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. Visitors must show their ticket on their mobile phone or bring a printed copy to be presented upon entry.
QM welcomes all visitors, but we request that you dress conservatively as a sign of respect for the local culture. Entrance may be refused if your clothing is deemed unsuitable.
- Temperature checks will be done on arrival.
- Visitors must present their Ehteraz app (and must have a green status) for entry.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Masks must be worn, except for children under 12. Visitors must bring their own masks.
- Visitors will be required to maintain social distancing throughout their visit.
- Museum staff will regulate the number of visitors in the museum and gallery spaces.
Museum Cafés and Shops
Cafés and gift shops are open. Social distancing measures will be enforced. Cash and card payment options will be available. Please note that the MIA gift shop and MIA Café are closed as part of the renovation project.
Open or Available During Museum Hours
- Prayer rooms (limited capacity)
- Cloak rooms
Due to the evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to review and revise our plans and processes and follow guidance from the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH). We will keep you updated on further developments.
We thank you for your understanding in these challenging times.
From all of us at Qatar Museums, welcome back.