PUBLIC ART STUDENT COMPETITION
Qatar Museums invites students to submit proposals to the Public Art Annual Student Competition.
The competition is aimed at students who are either currently enrolled in universities in Qatar or Alumni who have graduated within the last two years.
The competition provides an opportunity for students to propose an idea for a public artwork spanning various mediums, from installations, interventions and performances. The winners will gain monetary support to realise their proposal and exposure in the art industry.
30 April 2020
• Students currently enrolled in any university in Qatar.
• Alumni who have graduated within the last two years from any university in Qatar.
• Students must hold a valid Qatar residence permit (QID).
• The theme is open ended. The artist may consider the relevance to the community and what message they would like to convey through their work.
• Medium: Interventions, installations (digital, light, etc.), performance art are accepted. Murals are not accepted.
• The art should consider installation methods, dimensions, weight and materials intended for outdoor display.
• Students can submit a proposal as a group.
• Up to 10 artworks will be selected, with a maximum commissioning budget of 25,000 QR.
• After display, 3 selected students will receive a prize of:
o 1st place: 25,000 QAR
o 2nd place: 15,000 QAR
o 3rd place: 10,000 QAR
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with attached:
• Application form completed
• QID copy
• Proposal document (PDF/Word)