Qatar Museums invites artists to propose a permanent public artwork to commemorate the blockade of Qatar.
June 5th 2017, an air, land and sea blockade was imposed on Qatar. Artists have been at the forefront of expressing themselves and the community through multiple artistic outlets and mediums addressing the various events that have occurred. The community has acted in resilience through unity and solidarity.
This opportunity will allow an artist to realize a permanent public artwork that will be part of Qatar’s ongoing history.
• Deadline to submit proposals: 11:59pm on 15 December 2019.
• The proposal must be for a permanent public artwork. The design of the artwork may consider weight, dimensions and materials.
• Artists are to respond to the theme of “Blockade” in any way they deem fit. The artist may consider the relevance to the community and what message they would like to convey through their work.
• Artists can be at any stage of their career but must possess strong skills to execute the proposed project by 5th May 2020.
• This opportunity is for Qatari artists and artists based in Qatar of any nationality (applicants must hold a valid Qatar residence permit).
The successful applicant will receive:
• A commission contract to execute the proposed Public Artwork.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application: http://www.qm.org.qa/en/56-open-call
Please read all the guidelines before beginning the application form.
For any enquiries, please contact Public Art: PAOpenCall@qm.org.qa